-
Whi
Welcome to my blog where I document stories of couples in love, people and children through pictures. I started SS Photography because of my love for capturing and telling life's story through pictures. I am a wedding, lifestyle
and portrait photographer based in Rancho Palos Verdes. I reguarly shoot sessions all over in South Bay area, and I also
travel to Orange County locations and out of towns.

" I didn’t find photography.
Photography found me.
And then it healed me".

~ Stacey ~


.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

What to wear


“Stacey", what should I wear?”

This is one of the most common questions I hear before a photo shoot.


I have decided to write a few hints and tips that you might want to take into consideration before deciding on an outfit (or outfits).


  • Clothes in the same color family. Warm colors, cool colors, deep colors, etc. Colors that complement each other look fantastic in a shoot. Don't be matchy matchy. No all white shirts, or all one color shirts with matching jeans or khakis (except beach locations, all white shirts and jeans are sometimes nice). Please. You will be happy you didn't. Trust me. The goal is coordinating.
  • Everyone should be in the same style, i.e. dressy, casual, beachwear, etc. I have shot an engagement where a fiancee showed up in a dress and high heels and her fiance in shorts and flip flops. It didn't work.
  • The layered look is always a winner for downtown settings. For example:
  • Guys: Nice dark jeans, collared shirt and/or a loose tie. If you want, a jacket to finish it off. Converse or vans are very hip these days. Don't wear t-shirt, shorts and flip flops together. I have photographed a guy in that once and I don't think my client was happy with the way he looked when they saw their proofs. Wear collared shirt instead of a t-shirt, please unless it's fitted and you are skinny. Solid t-shirt under a jacket is nice, see photo sample below.
  • Girls: Nice jeans, paired with a dressy top, splashes of color or patterns, funky jewelry and high heels. (or cute dress). Please don't wear polo blouse, it doesn't photograph well. Try and be more feminine.
  • Use accessories rather than the clothes to add flair.
  • Be colorful! Saturated colors complementing your skin tone look great.
  • Most importantly: Be comfortable! You will have a much better time which will make for better photos.
Here are some example of outfits photos below. Boots, hats, jackets, jewelry, or shoes will add personality and style. I hope this has helped!








0 comments:

Followers